Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Tough choices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, it looks like it's good news and bad news to me.
The good news is that they want you and don't want to let you go.
The bad news is that they can't afford your salary at the moment.
The problem is that based on what you wrote, you didn't leave them wiggle room for negotiation. It was a take it or leave it deal from my POV.  From their prespective, you might be #1 to get picked, but the price you want would be too high. If they go to #2 who is 90% of your capabilities but costs 10-20k less from what you're asking, who would they pick?
It'll be your decision on whether you want the job ot not. If you do want it, you may want to email back to that HR immdiately thanking here for allowing you to be interviewed and as a side note, mention that you were impressed with what you seen in the company, enough to negotiate. After all, if they're willing to pick up the transportation tab in whole or part as a perk, it would make a good starting point for negotiations.
Just remember Bob, just like fishing..it's the one that got away!
Some movement on my part. Three of the applications I placed for OSHA was "referred for further consideration". Which meant it made the first cut by the HR folks and it's on it's way to the hiring authority.An amusing note is that the grade I'm being  considered seems to be all over the place, even when I sent the same answers to all positions. One of them was at GS-5, two at GS-9 and the other one which is till at GS-11 but I haven't confirmed it yet.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Right now, I'm waiting on word from the local company, which I should get three days or so before the other. If they offer me a position, which I think is a really good chance, I will take it, no discussion.

As for the note to the HR person in NYC, if I hadn't still been among the walking dead today, and didn't end up busy and away from home all afternoon and evening, I would have remembered to do that regardless. I should take care of that, if only for courtesy's sake.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Bob, can you tack this thread back to the job thread you had.? I could had sworn I hit replied rather than new topic.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
No, sadly I have no way of merging threads. Might want to just continue this over there.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.