Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: STS-131 / ISS Assembly Flight 19A
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On April 5th, the Space Shuttle Discovery is scheduled to launch from Kennedy Space Center for mission STS-131. The crew of Discovery will be visiting the International Space Station to deliver a Multi-Purpose Logistics Module filled to the brim with all manner of goodies to resupply the station. There will also be some work to replace components on the station during some spacewalks. There are also a bunch of other payloads on board.

Launch/Landing Times

Launch date: 5th April 2010 06:21am EDT (11:21am GMT)
Landing: NET 18th April

...this will be Discovery's penultimate launch, after this flight Atlantis is scheduled to launch on her final flight NET May 14.

Streaming video can be found at http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html and other news can be found at http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"
Hmm, I'm 24hrs -~ 2 off of watching it then. Cos currently it's the ISS Expedition 23 Soyuz TMA-18 Docking to ISS Post-Docking News Conference when not showing a Soyuz @ the ISS or a live view of the pad at KSC.
Maybe I should charge my HT ham rig and take it in to work with me, turned on. One of the local repeaters brings us shuttle audio when there's a mission.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
???

JF? What sort of job do you have that would allow you to do that?
I do graphic design in a quick print shop... we have a radio station turned on all the time, but I'm kinda off to one side, so I can get a little leeway going. As long as I keep the volume down on it, I should be OK. Besides, it's shuttle audio, I'm sure there's going to be a little bit of cool factor with it anyway.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Crew getting strapped in now
Man, wish I had a ham set right now.

Oh sure, I'm pretty sure I could go down to the radio room and bribe someone to do it, but we're in the middle of one of our Unit Level Training Assessments right now. :p
Well, I'm hoping I get reception... I forgot how bad the strip mall is for reception on 2 meters... *crosses fingers*
--