Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: "please do not purchase if you do not understand what this item is"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are LPs really so "retro" that people don't know what they are? Especially considering that dance DJs still use them?

http://store.bandai-ent.com/product_p/669198208935.htm]Hare Hare Yukai on vinyl - the thread's subject line is taken from the product description.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
That's hilarious. And while I know vinyl is making something of a comeback among audiophiles, whatever possessed Bandai to do this?

(Oh, and I don't know if it answers your own question or not, Rob, but that's not an LP, it's a 45.)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Yeah, yeah... it's still something that spins at somewhat less than hundred revolutions per minute.
--
Rob Kelk

*Snrt* Well, this should be interesting to say the least. Kinda reminds me of the scene in Austin Powers where Austin tries to play a CD on a 45 player...
Preceded (in the manga) and followed (in the anime) by a similar scene in Ah My Goddess, where it's Tamiya and Ootaki who don't own a CD player...
--
Rob Kelk

*SNRT!!* I'd forgotten about that! (^_^)
There are stories on the Computer Stupidities website about people, even technicians who have never seen a 5 1/4" drive or the like.
Still for some it will require a all new piece of hardware needed to listen to it, some may even be able to find one hiding in storage at their parents house. As for me.....I got it as CDsingle.