Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I marathoned Gurren Lagann last weekend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

paladindythe

I kept seeing references to Gurren Lagann pop up from time to time, a long with overwhelming  positive reviews--and the fact that it's on hulu--finally got me to go and just watch it.
I had this impulse to yell "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?" at work.  It's really *that* contagious.
Thank you for pointing this out. Watching now. Big Grin
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
I marathoned it a year or two ago.
In that time, I have never- not once- seen ANYTHING as awesome as TTGL.  Everything else has been compared to it, and found wanting.
...I may have to watch some GaoGaiGar or something, just to back myself down from Gurren-Lagann...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

The Wanderer

...okay, I've been meaning to watch this, and now that my brothers and I have finished Code Geass and caught up on Castle, I think I'll try to push this to them as the next thing we should watch en masse. Thanks for the reminder.
Episode 6 on hulu is censored, and maybe some others as well. *Is sad*
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Kurisu

Episode 6 is censored for a reason. I'll leave it at that.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

CrimsonKMR

If you have access to the dvds, Id recommend the english dub. Its REALLY good Smile
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed