Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Ant-Man
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In discussions of the Avengers possible roster in upcoming movies with others in CoH. I was all of a sudden struck by a horrible thought. Also kind of cool, but still horrible.
Hank Pym. Several identities. But best known as Giant Man or Ant Man. Giant Man is obvious and probably better known. But he was actually Ant-Man first when he joined the Avengers. You know the drill. He'd shrink himself to Ant size, had a helmet that psionically controlled ants. Big fucking deal, yeah? Not very impressive?
My horrible thought was this -
I bet people would take Hank Pym a LOT MORE FUCKING SERIOUSLY if they knew he could control BULLET ANTS.
So yeah... BRRR...
Very scary if you are fighting Ant Man in Nicarauga.
In NYC? Not so much.
--------------
Epsilon
He could import them.

Or they might end up going to Nicaragua or Paraguay. Iron Man 2 went to Mexico, and The Incredible Hulk took place partially in Brazil, so it wouldn't be too farfetched.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
There is an Ant-Man movie in the planning stages, no word on whether he'll be in the Avengers.
It's supposed to feature Pym in the Sixties and Lang in the modern day.
--Sam
Could be worse.  Could be mantis shrimp.
From the linked page:
Quote:its sting is like injecting yourself with sulphuric acid
Huh.  Honestly, that wouldn't surprise me as I have actually heard of a variety of ant species that drives off others by squirting acid at them!  Puts a whole new shy on flinging vitriol.