Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Anime Sales!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Deep Discount is having an up to 50% off anime sale through the end of the month, with a decent but somewhat randomish selection.  They had Gurren Lagann (subs only) volumes 1 and 3, but not 2.  Huh?  Link
Also, Rightstuf is having a Funimation sale, 40% off.  Linky
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Nice -- RightStuf has Neon Genesis Evangelion: 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone for $13... looks like I'm going to make an order soon.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Quote:RightStuf has Neon Genesis Evangelion: 1.01 You Are (Not) Alone for $13...
That may be because http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalo ... 6136/4/0/0]Evangelion 1.11 You Are (Not) Alone is already out.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Okay, I'm lost now. Is that a different edition of the same thing, or a separate production?
-- Bob
---------
Yes.

From the Sankaku Complex quick-posting about 1.01 vs. 1.11: "The latest remastering techniques are said to have been employed to aid in this impressive increase in visual quality, and this is not all: there are also said to 99 revised scenes, and 36 additional ones."

It appears that Mari is in 1.11 but not 1.01, for example.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Well, for $23, I can afford to get the later edition. Unless there's some reason other than compulsive-collector-anal-retentiveness to get both.
-- Bob
---------