Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Beware of Best Buy (Again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Best Buy runs "Anti-Sales" to trick careless customers.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Okay, that's a bit bizarre. The register price actually *increases* one week, and then goes back down the next?

Where I work we sometimes have ads that show items for higher than we have them priced, and while we're still required to put up signs with the higher price (or at least we were), the item will still ring up for the lower price.

Of course, much like my own workplace, nothing I need from Best Buy is ever on sale.

-Morgan.
This is rather odd.
At the Best Buy I work at, our computer prices are fairly stable from week to week.  The ads will spotlight one model or another, but at the in-store price, the one I saw the week before.  We get in sales every so often, but they actually are sales, and not anti-sales- things that either weren't there before and sell below similar models from other brands, or tiny price drops.
I do work at one of the better stores, with a good management crew, so it's quite possible that this is why.  And yes, nothing I need goes on sale, either, except around Christmas.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Best comment on that page:

"This is why I own a Mac. I *know* my computer is overpriced."

Made me chortle.