Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Licence-rescues are eternal...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/nozomiE ... 0000001700]Nozomi gets right to re-release Utena - and it's the remaster.

They're planning a three-box release.

(Oh, they've also got the licence for Sora no Woto)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Also Dirty Pair and El-Hazard The Wanderers. Not bad at all. They're scoring solid niche points.

Now if we can get a dub that doesn't rename Utena as "Ursula"

(Fun game: go through the wikipedia entry for Utena's cast page and laugh at the hilariously bad Romanizations)
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
Does this mean a new dub cast? Will we be losing Rachael Lillis' great performance as Utena?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
OpMegs Wrote:Also Dirty Pair and El-Hazard The Wanderers. Not bad at all. They're scoring solid niche points.
Well, they've had those for a while. Utena is new.

And Nozomi has the rights to re-release the Utena movie, too.

Other licence announcements:

Bandai has K-On! (but not K-On!! - yet) and the second season of Haruhi (which will be released as a box set, presumably to be able to actually sell all of "Endless Eight").

FUNimation has To Aru Majutsu no Index, and has re-licenced Chrono Crusade, Gantz, Kaleido Star, Peacemaker, Texhnolyze, Ai Yori Aoshi, Armitage III, Haibane Renmei,
Hellsing
(TV series), and Serial Experiments Lain

And Aniplex USA is starting a YouTube channel - R.O.D. the TV, Ghost Slayers Ayashi, and Toward the Terra will be on it.
--
Rob Kelk

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Does this mean a new dub cast? Will we be losing Rachael Lillis' great performance as Utena?
Don't know yet.

As an indicator: Nozomi just licence-rescued the first half of Super GALS!, and plan to release both halves as a big box. The first half will have dub and sub; the second half (which they've always had the rights to) will be sub-only.

Also, Nozomi hasn't done a dub in years...
--
Rob Kelk

And I just started watching the DVDs I got of Utena too. Rather frustrating, since I would have waited to buy them if I had known that they would be rereleased. I'll probably get them anyway though, depending on price.
Does anyone else who has the 'perfect' collection have lines randomly not subtitled, or is it just me?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

CrimsonKMR

robkelk Wrote:
Bob Schroeck Wrote:Does this mean a new dub cast? Will we be losing Rachael Lillis' great performance as Utena?

Don't know yet.

As an indicator: Nozomi just licence-rescued the first half of Super GALS!, and plan to release both halves as a big box. The first half will have dub and sub; the second half (which they've always had the rights to) will be sub-only.

Also, Nozomi hasn't done a dub in years...
Most license rescues keep all the work already done with it. I know their release of Lost Universe was that way
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed