Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: It's that time of year again...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...when Peggy and I spend a week at a beach house on the Jersey Shore with her family.
In past years I have at this point usually made some comment about how I will try to check in a couple times during the week at the local internet cafe, but this year we have a laptop with wireless.  And everyone agrees that it is very industrious of me to plan on spending every weekday morning in said cafe doing my job search.  Which I will be doing, but I will also take a few minutes to hit my usual haunts as well.  So you probably won't see too much difference in my rate of appearance.
You might see some beach photos, though.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Kurisu

Sandy Hook Beach Pics????

(Let's see if he gets the reference)
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...
Jersey born and bred, Kurisu, of course I know what you mean. No nudes will be forthcoming -- we're going to be some 70 miles south of there.
-- Bob
---------
Have fun, Bob.

I don't get to do my beach trip until Thanksgiving. We're having it in Florida this year.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Where in Florida, Norway?
-- Bob
---------
Presumably on the coast...

Bob, take it easy on the job-hunting while you're away. It's often said that looking for a job is a job in itself, so don't bring too much of your job with you on your vacation.

Once you've relaxed for a day (or two), you'll have some extra energy to put into the job-hunt routine...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
The gulf coast, actually. Venice, near Sarasota.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Ah, okay. I had a couple places to suggest had you been anywhere near Palm Beach, but that's irrelevant now.

Rob, I'll try, but I've got a constant flow of listings that I don't feel comfortable just blowing off. I'm also waiting for word back from a couple headhunter submissions, and am half expecting to get a first interview sometime next week -- the arrangements for which I have already made with Peggy.
-- Bob
---------
Well, we're here. And there are several public wi-fi nodes close enough to the beach house that I don't need to go to the cafe if I don't want to.

I have to admit that sitting here under the ceiling fan looking out over the ocean while cool sea breezes blow through the apartment as I type is pretty pleasant.
Edit:  Photo taken less than half an hour ago:
[Image: 4803099222_2a2f426434_m.jpg]
-- Bob
---------

Kurisu

Bob Schroeck Wrote:No nudes will be forthcoming -- we're going to be some 70 miles south of there.
Thank GOD!  The only people who went to Sandy Hook were the people you don't want to see naked in the first place...
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...
Kurisu Wrote:
Bob Schroeck Wrote:No nudes will be forthcoming -- we're going to be some 70 miles south of there.
Thank GOD!  The only people who went to Sandy Hook were the people you don't want to see naked in the first place...
This is true of any nude beach/sun bathing area.  Take Hippy Hollow down over by Austin, TX for example.  One paper even put out an editorial piece that was a primer for the n00bz in the area.  It warned, first and foremost, that most sun worshipers you see out there are the sort you don't want to see nude - especially after a meal.
BTW: Link is to Wikipedia, so it's safe for work.
...when we pack everything in preparation to go home tomorrow...
-- Bob
---------