Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Pokemon Tarot Cards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently so:
Link
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Hmm. Interesting.
But Major Arcana only (EG: that cards you generally think of when someone says tarot like The Fool, The Tower, or Death). The minor (numbers and court cards) get little attention. Heck, from what I've read and seen even most mainstream decks leave the minor arcana little more than a simple pattern, "Oh, five coins. This must be the five of coins. Seven cups, gee I wonder what card this might be." With the growing quantity of pokemon out there one should be able to fill out a full deck.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
Heh. Pretty cool. And I think it wouldn't be too difficult to come up with all the rest on our own, especially since you have a template in the Major Arcana to build off of.
Because of some pre-reading I'm doing right now, I have to wonder how these would work as Pactio cards...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
You know, I keep thinking I ought to sit down and become more proficient at Inkscape (for those not aware of it, Inkscape is to Illustrator as GIMP is to Photoshop, a free and open source vector illustration package). It shouldn't be too difficult for someone familiar with Inkscape or Illustrator to put together a decent template which could be loaded as a layer into GIMP or Photoshop before dropping in art and text.
At the moment though I've got a class to keep up on, which sadly is not a vector art class (even if it is still fun).
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.