Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Police investigate deliberate Diesel Spill in Vermont
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Link here
What is wrong with people these days?!
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
people have been shits, acting antisocially and against all reason, since there were people. please don't pretend that anything has changed.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
My first thought was laziness... but four thousand gallons of diesel is a hell of a lot to tip away because it was too much effort to deal with.

Probably just some scrote who broke into the compound and thought he'd open the valve for a laugh. They're everywhere. They're the people who put bricks on train tracks, or pipes with wires sticking out of them under people's cars (Was real nice getting the knock on the door from the army bomb squad at midnight). They are the people who kick the crap out of random bystanders, then post the video on youtube. They are the sludge at the bottom of the sump of humanity that gums up the oil pump the feeds the engine of society.

HoagieOfDoom

Grrrrrrrr... I live a little over a hundred miles away from there. Wish I could find the dickwad who did this and beat their ass.
Fortunately, people that do shit like this are also lacking in the inteligence department. Let us hope that they lift some prints off a valve somewhere.
The way I'm reading the story, it seems that Black River Produce is doing the responsible thing and trying to clean up the mess. Am I wrong in assuming from the way the story is written that was something deliberately done against Black River Produce? Some form of industrial sabotage? Or as you say - some jerk-ass who decided to open the valve on a lark?
Hmm... I wonder. Just speculating here - but I bet a review of employees recently let go or fired might be a useful step in finding a suspect. Or if it's not that, then it should be a step taken to eliminate the possibility. Back in my security guard days, watching out for ex-employees with an axe to grind was par for the course.
It does give the impression that BRP was a victim here as well as the environment, that someone did this to them.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Looking into it, the police DO have the schmuck on camera, going to the produce company's diesel storage, ripping off the fuel handles and turning on the pumps. The spill would have been worse if a passing bicyclist hadn't seen the hoses gushing and ran to shut it off.

Be careful going to the various sites with this story, as some of the commentary has been Bwah-worthy.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll