Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Darths & Droids
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just noticed that Darths & Droids recently posted another strip with an evenly-divisible-by-50 number. And that means a new alternate strip!

http://www.darthsanddroids.net/trenchcoats/0050.html]Direct link to Trenchcoats & Turncoats

This one obviously started with "You all meet in a bar"...

Edit: My bad - that didn't happen until strip #5, according to the strip's http://www.darthsanddroids.net/trenchcoats/archive.html]fake archive list.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Something tells me there was a big surprise in the middle of Episode 43...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Bob Schroeck Wrote:Something tells me there was a big surprise in the middle of Episode 43...
Which makes it not a surprise at all.  Wink
As expected by the rules of mathematics, we have another strip with a number that's evenly divisible by 50.

And, thus, we have another alternate strip.

http://www.darthsanddroids.net/amphibians/0050.html]Who knew that Sally took a turn as GM? (Although her story is certainly making a connection...)
--
Rob Kelk

And another one...

http://www.darthsanddroids.net/heists/0050.html]They finally picked a movie that I haven't seen. What do I need to know to get the complete joke?
--
Rob Kelk

-- Bob
---------
A-ha. Thanks...
--
Rob Kelk

Honestly, Rob, watch Inception.  It's freaking awesome.
It is, at that.
-- Bob
---------
Considering Rob has a collection of unwatched anime which is, I believe, actually larger than my collection of anime I don't think he'll be watching Inception anytime soon unless I force it on him during our next game session. ;p
--------------
Epsilon

Baseload

Epsilon Wrote:Considering Rob has a collection of unwatched anime which is, I believe, actually larger than my collection of anime I don't think he'll be watching Inception anytime soon unless I force it on him during our next game session. ;p
--------------
Epsilon
OK, completely off topic, how large of a collection?  I'd like to consider myself as having an extensive Anime DVD collection (Much of which is still unopened).  But I always like comparing notes.
Enough, to know that I shouldn't wince at my current DVD backlog & watched collection which fills three Ikea DVD towers, total. I probably should get around to watching Inception sometime soon, I'll no doubt rent it in some format.

Bad enough I've yet to completely watch The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai.
Baseload Wrote:
Epsilon Wrote:Considering Rob has a collection of unwatched anime which is, I believe, actually larger than my collection of anime I don't think he'll be watching Inception anytime soon unless I force it on him during our next game session. ;p
--------------
Epsilon
OK, completely off topic, how large of a collection?  I'd like to consider myself as having an extensive Anime DVD collection (Much of which is still unopened).  But I always like comparing notes.
I have been forced to repackage my anime in the slimmest multi-disc cases I can find, so that I can fit the collection into two bookcases... and I still don't have room for them all.

I am seriously considering picking up a multi-terabyte NAS just for ripping my collection onto, storing the physical media in the basement, and connecting a computer to the TV and the new NAS. It's the only way I'll have access to the entire anime collection.
--
Rob Kelk

You don't need a computer, just one of these.  I have one and MonkeyFist loves the thing to death.  It replaced the previous version I had.
I have at least three computers sitting idle at the moment. I'd have to go buy a network appliance...
--
Rob Kelk

Mark, from the sounds that Rob is making, that little guy won't cut it because I think he wants something in the neighborhood of eight or ten terabytes of disk space. For that, he'll need a larger box.

Rob, I've heard of people doing with relatively inexpensively with an old machine, stripped down to bare bones with a few extra drive controller cards installed with a NIC. If you already got a tower to spare and a bunch of external drives to harvest... well, all there is to be done is the plotting and planning.
Nah, it works fine.  It has an internal 1TB drive.  It also streams from every computer that it's set up to see on the network.  It's main advantage is that it has a remote control and you can just flip through all the folders and videos and just watch them on the TV.  Oh, and it supports Netflix.  It's powered by awesome.
Hah! Just what Rob needs - more stuff to watch! (^^)
What BA said... I do have a mini-tower sitting idle; I'll just need to stuff it full of 2TB drives (unless they make larger ones for the home market nowadays).
--
Rob Kelk

Newegg has some 3 TB drives.  That's the largest I can find for the home market.
You may also want to consider a removable drive bay. Newegg has a nice one that fits a 2.5" drive in a floppy drive bay.  This will let you put a few selections onto the removable drive and take them over to a friend's house.  (Though you'll probably need a nice little SATA-to-USB bridge device to go with it.)
Or possibly an external hot-swap dock.
We've got them over at Best Buy, in both 1- and 2-drive varieties.  USB and eSATA on the same device.
Could get one of those and load up on 2TB desktop drives.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
And might I suggest that we're far, far off-topic now from the original intent of this thread? I should have stepped in earlier to do this, but please spawn a new thread for the tech talk.
-- Bob
---------
Bob, I must've read your mind as that's what just did. No doubt as you were posting that.
So I noticed. Thank you, Rod.
-- Bob
---------