Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Goodbye City of Heroes - NCSoft being sued out of existence by moron, moron judge.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://games.slashdot.org...Lineage-II-Too-Addictive
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
I don't think this will get all too far. This one guy is representing himself (pro se) and it's taken him 3 tries just to get a court hearing on the matter. And it's not just he's suing because he couldn't stop playing. He was banned on allegations of Real Money Trading, and claims that NCsoft did it intentionally to force him to play Aion (in so doing causing him great emotional depression and psychological trauma).
Full court pdf here
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI

He's got the burden of proof and he dont have no way of proving it.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Finished reading up the pdf:

Counts I (Misrepresentation/Deceit), II (Unfair and Deceptive Trade Practices), VI (Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress) and VIII (Punitive Damages) -- DISMISSED

Counts III (Defamation/Libel/Slander), IV (Negligence), V (Gross Negligence), and VII (Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress) remain 'viable'

Here's to hoping they find a judge with some sense to consider these last few...
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
I couldn't find my copypasta of the Picard facepalm, though I truly believe it applies.

Also, common sense from a judge? The law knows no common sense.
Well, to be pedantic, that wasn't a judge on the jailbreaking issue, it was the Librarian of Congress.  Turns out the DMCA had a built-in provision that allows the LoC to review the DMCA every 3 years and write exceptions to it, without needing Congressional approval.  A rare flash of sanity from Capitol Hill.
Close enough for government work. Wink
Quote:Dartz wrote:

I couldn't find my copypasta of the Picard facepalm, though I truly believe it applies.
Also, common sense from a judge? The law knows no common sense.
This should cover for the lack of a Picard Facepalm. 8)
[Image: sigh.jpg]

CattyNebulart

SkyeFire Wrote:Well, to be pedantic, that wasn't a judge on the jailbreaking issue, it was the Librarian of Congress.  Turns out the DMCA had a built-in provision that allows the LoC to review the DMCA every 3 years and write exceptions to it, without needing Congressional approval.

A seriously flawed provision since some of the exceptions lapse each time. Basicly there is this long and involved process to apply for an exemption and it must be done each time and each time it will be decided anew. In a few years it might no longer be legal to jailbreak phones, and so forth. I believe the exception for research has lapsed that way because it was too much effort to apply for it each time.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."