Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Well, I Can Cross That One Off My List...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just came back from Fuji-Q Highland Park.  Guess what I saw?  Uh-huh.  Yeee~AAAAA~aaahhhh!
Photographic evidence coming soon.  Unfortunately, I didn't know about the life-size entry plug and that you had to make a reservation before noon to snag that one.
Oh, and what isn't mentioned are the life-size replicas of Asuka and Rei.  So now I have distinctly clear ideas of what their proportions are - DAMN THEY'RE TINY!  (O_OWink
Officially, Misato is 5ft 4in, IIRC and she towers over the Children in the series, and I've seen a few life sized figurines on the web from time to time standing beside otherwise ordinary people. I don't remember teenagers being *that* short when I was 13....
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
They are Japanese.
---------------
Epsilon

dark seraph

*clickss link* .... damn.... is it wrong to want that thing in my backyard?

dark seraph Wrote:*clickss link* .... damn.... is it wrong to want that thing in my backyard?
Depends on how big your back yard is.  And what your family/roomies think of it.  Wink
Quote:Epsilon wrote:

They are Japanese.
Nah, it's all part of the Marduk Report - turns out they gotta be just the right size to fit in the entry plugs.  Wink

Can't believe I forgot all about this.  Just goes to show you how stressful Navy life can be at times. But, as promised...
[Image: 3e516018940362fc2e3440c4d2389838b20b69ac.jpg]
Ichi and me.  (^_^)
[Image: a4d366ed15da94cd08916e16f73e2dbef5fb6845.jpg]
"RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!"
Heh, funny.  You can see the reflection of my fiance's legs in there.  Pretty sure she didn't mean to do that.  (^_^Wink
Dartz Wrote:Officially, Misato is 5ft 4in, IIRC and she towers over the Children in the series, and I've seen a few life sized figurines on the web from time to time standing beside otherwise ordinary people. I don't remember teenagers being *that* short when I was 13....
 If they're like my nieces...then I'm not surprised. If Asuka and Rei started puberty at age 9-10..definitely not surprised.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
ordnance11 Wrote:
Dartz Wrote:Officially, Misato is 5ft 4in, IIRC and she towers over the Children in the series, and I've seen a few life sized figurines on the web from time to time standing beside otherwise ordinary people. I don't remember teenagers being *that* short when I was 13....
 If they're like my nieces...then I'm not surprised. If Asuka and Rei started puberty at age 9-10..definitely not surprised.
What struck me the most was not the height.  It was the other dimensions - it's almost comical looking, except that I have seen little women that aren't Little People.  And they come pretty close to Rei and Asuka.  It doesn't help matters any that anyone that I've met at 14 that started puberty at 9 or 10 had sprouted like a weed.
One final bit: I stumbled across a blog entry by a fellow Sailor about his visit to Evangelion World in Fuji-Q Highland Park. He goes into detail about everything there.

http://punynari.wordpress...he-life-size-evangelion/