Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: If you have to have a heart attack...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...http://www.cbc.ca/canada/ottawa/story/2 ... ttack.html]be like this guy and have it beside a CPR recertification course.

(I wonder whether this counts as an automatic pass of the course?)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
My father was bright enough to have his in a manner you'd never get away with in fiction. He was feeling bad, and when it didn't clear he had my mother drive him to the emergency room. He then waited until he was taken into an exam room and was being examined to actually have the heart attack. Now, that sounds like good timing, doesn't it? That's decent timing. Good timing was that he had the heart attack on the morning they were doing the grant opening event for a new cardiac wing.
The first part, you might manage that in a story, but pull the second and readers are probably going to roll eyes.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.
LilFluf, I need to remember that for one of those "Oh, you think that's strange" lines for my story. (^_^)