Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: The Stig's Identity Revealed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HoagieOfDoom

And it's a racing driver named Ben Collins. Apparently, he wanted to publish an autobiography that would (by necessity) reveal himself as the Stig and BBC tried to use legal action to stop him. The court ruled in favor of HarperCollins (the publisher) and now the cat's out of the bag. More info here.

After what happened to Black!Stig, I imagine they'll find some suitably impressive way to off him in the show next season.
Meh - doubt they'll "kill off" the white Stig. They've been using more than one guy in the suit for years now. Collins might have been the one doing the lap times. But other people probably wear the Stig helmet and racing suit for other purposes. (Like in the London race where the Stig was using public transportation.) 

But they may sack Collins himself. 

Edit: One very interesting idea in the comments to that article - perhaps a female Stig? (Maybe they could get Sebine Schmidt? She's a top driver and ALMOST managed a 10 minute lap at the Nuremberg with a Ford panel van that one time.) 
Um ya okay but there are times when using him as the Stig just ain't possible nor feasible. After all there are times when the Stig has to 'act', so to speak. In those situations a mime is probably in the white suit. Then there's the cars which are quite literally only drivable by less than a handful of people. After all that's the reason why Schumacher was revealed as being a Stig, as the Ferrari FXX they fanged 'round the track is his own customised FXX.

No I think next series they'll really put the cat amongst the pigeons by bringing a legion of Stigs on stage, asking which one's Ben Collins and they'll all put up their hand.
Ben Collins is just a man, but beneath that helmet is more than just a man, beneath that Simpson helmet is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof
Oh boy, the BBC is going to be furious, and Top Gears producers have stated before that not naming the Stig is part of the guys contract. He's almost certainly not going to be wearing the suit next season.

Some say he was once outed by a book company out to make a few quick dollars over Christmas, and that the British media

willingly kept him a secret for years...

HoagieOfDoom

Quote:Meh - doubt they'll "kill off" the white Stig.

I think that they will kill this incarnation of the Stig because a similar stunt happened to the Black Stig; the driver published an autobiography revealing his identity and was shortly thereafter epicly murdered via aircraft carrier.

Quote:No I think next series they'll really put the cat amongst the pigeons by bringing a legion of Stigs on stage, asking which one's Ben Collins and they'll all put up their hand.

Sounds par for the course for Top Gear.
And here we've a column of James May wrote claiming he's the Stig.