Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: MY PSP is messed up.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

SCM Writer of 2814

I've recently tried to reformat my PSP's, a 1000 series, memory car, and walked into hell without knowing it. It either wont reformat, won't admit the card is in hte slot, or is unreadable to my computer. Reformatting it on my computer is just as bad. Any advice?
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

HoagieOfDoom

Dunno what might have happened to it. PSP mem cards aren't particularly expensive, though, so at least buying a new one won't destroy your wallet.
How did you attempt to reformat it?
All Sony gear is basically designed to be tampering paranoid. You're lucky you did't brick your PSP entirely.
----------------
Epsilon

SCM Writer of 2814

Setting->Format Card. It's standard Refomat feature. When that didn't work, I tried reformatting with my PC and a card reader. This had worked before, so you can imagine my frustration of eight hours of switching between the PSP and the PC and getting nothing. On the upside, I got some writing done.
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
If it's a flash memory card that's been heavily used, maybe some of the memory cells are starting to fail. It's probably dying.

SCM Writer of 2814

Hayate damn it. I was afraid of that...
Check out said crack:
Ya, that card's probably dead. But if it's the card that initially came with your PSP (32mb was what they shoved in the first ones box from memory) by now it wouldn't have enough storage capacity bar, saved game storage. I've a 8GB card in mine and it's been half taken up by stored games (Valkyria Chronicles 2, Theme Hospital, Theme Park, Puzzle Quest, FF7, fl0w) and the odd interesting demo.

--Rod.H