Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Vivid update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The things that I really do like about Nanoha Vivid, as the comic has continued, is that it goes out of its way to do several important things.

1) It provides some much nicer alternatives to previous fan interpretations that the Bureau is run by asshats.

2) They give us a glimpse into how Midchildians raise their children. The Water-Cutting exercise is pretty amazing.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
It's obvious that the "0 Life = completely immobilized" rule isn't a hard and fast restriction, otherwise there's no way Einhart would've got off that last second sucker punch to tie the round. :lol:

As is, I'm amused at the fact that Teana won the bombardment contest by being, essentially, Teana, and thinking to pull up a shield at the last second. That and the number of combat techniques that various are borrowing from other people.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

NotDavies

Annnd Chapter 15.
I think the artist has a thing for Fate. 
Not that I'm complaining ...
I'm pretty sure that everyone can agree that Fate is highly decorative.

Badass, most certainly, but also highly decorative.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Kinda reminds me of a favorite bit from Teen Titans.

Starfire (to Raven): "Besides, you're belly button is not that interesting."

Beastboy: "Debatable. Very debatable."
http://www.mangafox.com/m...l_nanoha_vivid/v02/c016/

Chapter 16 is up. We have Tournament Arc Sign.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Forget that. We're looking at Hayate making Einhart a device. Now THAT is going to be interesting.
Hell, Einhart's reaction when she inevitably recognizes the Volkenritter will be golden.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

SCM Writer of 2814

I wonder... did Einhart get any of Hegemon's memories... in bed...
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
Man, I've *seen* the fic chapter that made that joke. :lol

"....I can't believe they're still looking after that old bed sheet...."
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

SCM Writer of 2814

Which fic is that from?
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:Which fic is that from?
http://m.fanfiction.net/s/5497693/12/

From Nanoha ShortS, which was the fic that inspired my own short story work.
---
waste."

SCM Writer of 2814

Thanks! That was funny!
Check out said crack:
And, finally, another group has stepped up to the bar to release Vivid scanlations.  Vivid 17 is now out.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Quote:It's morning on Mid-childa right now,

That's up there with "It was raining on the planet Mongo". Well, d'uh - it's always morning somewhere on a rotating planet! (I really hope that was a translation error...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Possibly Clanagan is something of a primate city, and thus its timezone is what people normally think of when Mid-time comes up?
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
For someone discussing the Bureau and Mid, I would not be overly shocked if Clanagan is what people think of by default. It looks like a large chunk of the city is taken up by Bureau assets.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

SCM Writer of 2814

Okay, putting together some things from StrikerS and Vivid, I've put together a rough timeline for the Wolkenritter. In one of the episodes that first gave exposition for Vivio, it says that her DNA is from 300 years ago, firmly giving us a source date for hte Sankt Kaiser. Vita's flashbacks in Vivid chapter 19.5 (by the Mangafox numbering) show them to be present at the time, with their ORIGINAL master, who from the wording of the chapter appears to have been the original Reinforce herself. Thus, this means that the Wolkenritter are in the vicinity of 300 years old. How does my logic sound?
Check out said crack:
The book was called the Tome of Darkness even that far back, which means that the Tome of Night Sky is even older than that.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
So what sort of weird mistranslation is "Inter Middle", I wonder.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

SCM Writer of 2814

Intermediate middle class. Basically middle-middle.
Check out said crack:
Vivid http://www.mangafox.com/manga/mahou_sho ... /v02/c018/]chapter 18 out at MangaFox. There is a 19.5 also, but since there is no chapter 19 yet...
Basically, what seems to have happened with updates is that three or four different groups tried to do the same things at the same time, and then all ran off to do different chapters. But not everyone actually released a chapter. So when someone finally stepped up to do the work they also have to go through and fill in the gaps.

(Kudos to Vivid Translations, by the by, I was worried for a while.)
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Force, chapter 12.5
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Pages: 1 2 3