Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Nanoha Force Ch. 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No boom today. Boom TOMORROW Smile

Also, yeah, I'm still not feeling any sympathy for the bad guys.

al103

Matrix Dragon Wrote:Also, yeah, I'm still not feeling any sympathy for the bad guys.
Eeeeeehm.... And why you should feel it?
It's a Nanoha tradition. The 'bad guys' have a jerk or two, but are mostly just people in bad situations. Fate, Hayate's knights, most of the numbers were decent people, and Einhart was just adorably focused.

But this lot so far? 'Oh, we're not killing people where you live, so why not go arrest someone safer?' Yeah. I want to see them go down Smile
... For villains like these, we need someone with an Intelligent Device named Danmaku. Wink  Also, preferably someone who likes to make entrances like Mihoshi makes landing's in Tenchi's lake: loud, with little-to-no warning, and plenty of collateral damage... for the bad guys, anyways. (^_^)

SCM Writer of 2814

Force 11 is out, at the usual places!
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
I'm left somewhat confused by all of this, but I do kinda hope that we get some kind of.. explanation.. for what the christ is happening.

I mean, even if they manage to win here, Touma is still a casualty, unless the Huckebein are all lying anyway.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

NotDavies

Berk Wrote:I'm left somewhat confused by all of this, but I do kinda hope that we get some kind of.. explanation.. for what the christ is happening.
I mean, even if they manage to win here, Touma is still a casualty, unless the Huckebein are all lying anyway.
Or possibly just not in full possession of the facts? Not an unprecedented situation for Nanoha's antagonists, you would agree.
I've noticed a definite shift in the sorts of people Nanoha and associates have to beat the crap out of over the years. Her initial opponents were much like herself and either emotionally messed up or simply misguided. In the StrikerS time period we've graduated to people who are pawns of very deliberately bad people. And now we have the Huckebein who, to date, show very few in the way of redeeming qualities at all.

I'm kind of hoping for a turnaround of SOME sort...
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
I dunno. The Huckbein seem to have a personality developed from their circumstances. I mean, imagine that you're confronted with what Touma's dealing with. Either you kill people, or your Divider eats your mind and *makes* you kill people. The Huckbein have banded together in order to protect each other rather than simply being hunted down as a threat (I note we have no information yet on if anyone ever offered them research to find a cure, or if they were just considered too dangerous), and they're doing what they can to survive rather than overloading and being killed during berserk rampages.

However, beyond that, the Eclipse also gives them tremendous power. And like the man said, "power corrupts". Veyron is most likely a bully, except now he's not only no longer in danger of censure for carrying things too far, but rewarded in that it keeps him alive. Cypha enjoys "a good fight", and now a fight to the finish, when her opponent is dead, is the ultimate pinnacle for her. Fortis is a smug asshole, and now he has the power to essentially recommend to TSAB battleships that they surrender, and to demonstrate with lethal effect what happens if they don't do as they're told.

However, the others are less clear cut. Arnage seems to be genuinely trying to help Touma, and angered by the interference by the TSAB, because if this goes on to long, Touma will die in the worst possible way. Furthermore, while she's a bit of a smartass, she seems to be genuinely friendly with Veyron and Stella, and the "family" part of the Huckbein Family features heavily in her dialogue. Stella, similarly, is a child in a horrible situation, raised by horrible people. The Numbers weren't holding back in StrikerS (and are actively responsible for the deaths of major characters, including Quint Nakajima), yet they're good guys now for the most part.

Of course, there's also Deville, who's done nothing much at all in the way of talking yet, so no idea on his end, but overall, of the six Huckbein, three are evil, two are potentially nicer, and one is just a cypher so far. And we're not even that far into the "series" yet, even though the manga format makes it seem longer. They've definitely got time to turn the current trend around.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."