Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Order of the Stick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The newest Order of the Stick comic is up, and it features the greatest villainous plan ever:
www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0763.html
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
Tarquin is terrifyingly awesome.  I can barely imagine the day when he and Xykon go head to head...
--Sam
"If you're so evil -- EAT THIS KITTEN!"
He's a genius.
Order of the Stick is a fantastic series. It has its low points, but when it hits its stride (as it does here) it does it magnificently.
---------------
Epsilon
I love it. He and DW-Quincy ought to team up and take over a planet somewhere.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Very awesome.

On the other hand, he basically just monologued and told his plans to the hero.
In such a way that the hero can't do a thing about them without playing into his hands...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
At least, not without going against all his bardic instincts and training. The only way I can think of to foil his plan is to defeat him, and then suppress the story. No one can ever know.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
robkelk Wrote:In such a way that the hero can't do a thing about them without playing into his hands...
Reworked your line,
Evil Villan: MUAHAAHAHAA, and there's NOTHING you can do without playing into my hands!
Honestly, I hope it does get foiled, because an awesome evil plan needs something incredibly awesomer to foil it.
I can't believe I just used 'awesomer' as a word.
s3yang Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:In such a way that the hero can't do a thing about them without playing into his hands...
Reworked your line,
Evil Villan: MUAHAAHAHAA, and there's NOTHING you can do without playing into my hands!
Honestly, I hope it does get foiled, because an awesome evil plan needs something incredibly awesomer to foil it.
I can't believe I just used 'awesomer' as a word.
The Order of the Stick just needs to tell everyone that Tarquin was secretly doing Xykon's bidding, gathering all the countries on the continent up into a single, easy to conquer, 'super'country.  If they lay his master plan at the feet of another villain, he won't go down in history as a legendary chessmaster, if he's lucky he'll get a sentence in a footnote describing how Turkin did Xykon's grunt work and softened up the continent for him to conquer.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Y'all are overthinking it. There isn't an Evil Plan out there that can withstand Belkar. That halfling will fuck some shit up. Tarquin doesn't stand a chance.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."