Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: The depressing thing is, he's probably right
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not in this particular forum, mind you...

Today's Daily Illuminator
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
...and the flash demo ain't bad.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
"Hero of the Universe! He'll save every one of us! One of Us...."
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
It took me a minute, but I got it!
Wait a minute... since when could Adobe Flash save ANYTHING?

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
With a mighty FLASH!

BYapes

Matrix Dragon Wrote:With a mighty FLASH!
  AH-ahh!!
 (Movie was so-so, but damn that was a good opening...)
 BYapes

Brian Y.
Seed Chronicles
"GORDON'S ALIVE!!!!"

Did someone order a large ham? ^_^

-Logan
--------------------
"DRIVE, HAWKMAN! DRIVE!!!"
--------------------
Brian Blessed is one of many reasons to watch Flash Gordon. Yes, it's not a great movie, but it has atmosphere. A nice Ming. And BRIAN BLESSED!
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
JFerio Wrote:Brian Blessed is one of many reasons to watch Flash Gordon. Yes, it's not a great movie, but it has atmosphere. A nice Ming. And BRIAN BLESSED!
One of the things about that movie that I like is that everyone is clearly enjoying themselves. Even with the hokey dialogue. Especially Max Von Sydow. There's a couple of shots where you can tell he's just having fun being the Bad Guy.

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
JFerio Wrote:Brian Blessed is one of many reasons to watch Flash Gordon. Yes, it's not a great movie, but it has atmosphere. A nice Ming. And BRIAN BLESSED!
Brian Blessed is like Orson Welles, except the? liquor is replaced with awesome. Big Grin
Ebony Wrote:One of the things about that movie that I like is that everyone is clearly enjoying themselves. Even with the hokey dialogue. Especially Max Von Sydow. There's a couple of shots where you can tell he's just having fun being the Bad Guy.

Oh indeed. If you go in expecting a GOOD movie you'll be wincing, but if you go in expecting THE BIGGEST FLASH GORDON COSPLAY SKIT EVER!!! 
Well then you'll be highly entertained. Big Grin

dark seraph

lol

One of the things that amused me about the movie was when the heroes first meet Ming.

"I am Ming the Merciless, Emperor of Mongo!"

"I'm Flash Gordon, quarterback, New York Jets."

mainly because when I first saw the movie on TV was durring a period where the Jets were a pretty crappy team. 8P