Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Iron Man... anime?!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Um yeah while this may be old new to some. Many Iron Man anime apparently exist, yet the one I'm referring to is talked about some http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... ted-states]here. It's supposedly set in the Iron Man movie-verse it comes from Madhouse and so far I'm undecided 'bout it. Their Tony Stark looks a bit odd, something to do with the iris they're using for his eyes.

The only english fansubber that I've found is using the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska]Matroska codec - some thing I've never liked, due to playback issues.
And I can't think of anything else to say as I've only seen ep 1 so far. So I'll probably add more later.

--Rod.H
I think folks aren't doing much because it's a LOCK that this will be released in the US and are avoiding the Mouse of Ideas' lawyers.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Ah yes the Mouse apparently "own" Marvel now... odd that this is a Sony co-production. And going by that news piece it supposedly going shown on G4 in the US sometime this spring. Nothing on when the rest of the English comprehending world's going to see it. If at all.

Also two episodes in I'm still meh-ing and trying to place where it fits in continuity. All I've come up with is it: doesn't. The events of Iron Man 2 don't appear to've occured, it's sometime after the first movie, supposedly many-many years later, yet it's still current day japan. Tony's trying to hang-up the suit and hand it over to a 'younger generation' - so not in Tony Stark's character - get into the panties of any women in the area - failing so far with the local SI R&D head, and teasing the plucky young reporter (she's the series' Lois Lane) - er I'd call it in character with the proviso that they really haven't had the time to show Stark's playboy element.

I wonder how the sub V dub debaters are going to take it.

--Rod.H

BYapes

G4 is airing it at some point.  Don't exactly know when though.
 BYapes
Brian Y.
Seed Chronicles
Quote:Ah yes the Mouse apparently "own" Marvel now...
No "apparently" about it, Disney bought them completely -- lock, stock and mutants. There were a whole lot of snarky editorial cartoons about it at the time. My favorite showed a dismayed Wolverine, the points on his mask replaced by mouse ears, being encouraged to sing "A dream is a wish your heart makes" by an effeminate choral conductor while cute woodland creatures frolicked around him.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Kurisu

Ask, and you shall receive...
[Image: 090901beelertoon_c20090901114448.jpg]
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...