Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: PETA? Who's that?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In a move certainly designed to infuriate the organization in question, a new restaurant in Williamsburg, VA, will serve you a steak dinner... and a handbag made from the skin of the cow in question.
I am Amused.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
I find this story mooving.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

CattyNebulart

I don't see why the People for Eating Tasty Animals would be upset, they should know you can't eat the leather (or at least it doesn't taste very good).
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
*SNRT!* Awesome. and I am in favor, as well - promotes that whole 'using the whole animal' thing. Though this day and age, I don't think there's much of the animal that doesn't get used.
Doesn't leather take awhile to make? If so, then either the leather is low quality stuff that they're churning out very quickly or the meat is sitting in a freezer for awhile.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
If it's flash-frozen (freezing within five minutes) after the beef is cut and not permitted to thaw, then it retains its freshness pretty well. It's how they get meat products to the Commissaries over in Japan inexpensively without having to buy everything locally.
Or perhaps you get a purse made from the skin that was around somebody else's steak... Just a thought.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
That was my expectation, that they just have a store of leather products made from the skin of the cows that they also got the meat from.

I do think it's a good concept overall, most people don't think of making a restaurant with a gift shop using other pieces of the animals they serve on plates.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor