Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Phone calls from Australia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My cell phone has just received four phone calls from Australia in the last twenty minutes.  If for some reason it's a board reader who's calling me from St Kilda East VIC 3183, I'm sorry, it's after midnight here and I'm trying to freakin' sleep.  I can't imagine anything you might be calling about that necessitates four calls spaced five minutes apart, yet is not urgent enough for you to leave a message when I don't answer.  Regardless, my phone is shut off now, and you are not going to reach me.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

CattyNebulart

My bet is someone is using a wrong number. My number is apparently listed as an emergency contact number for a teacher or something. So once every few months I get a call about stuff (like broken pipe flooding a bathroom, problem/missing student, etc). AFAIK they still haven't fixed the number.

On my previous cellphone I got 3-4 calls a week from some spanish or potugese people that didn't talk english (or any other language I could speak). That took about a month to get sorted, and the problem would reoccur every so often.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Well it's not me, as I don't know or have your number.

dark seraph

Not I, right state, wrong city.

*blinks*

Not I.

Didn't even know you had a cell phone.

Right country. Wrong state.

I've been rather busy. (Updating here and other places in the few moments that I have spare, hence the episodic nature.)

As I've said once or twice: "Pay no attention to those fools south of the border." *grin*
Bob, you didn't post your cell phone in Linkedin, did you?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Ord: Nope. It's on my resume, of course, but I haven't applied to any jobs in Australia that I know of.

Everyone else: I didn't really think it was a board reader. I was just grouchy and half asleep and needed to vent. Reverse lookup gave me a name that looked vagely Eastern European that I didn't recognize, and I figured it was probably a wrong number. But the caller had to be one hell of a persistent idiot to keep calling the same number even though he kept getting my voice mail when I didn't answer -- and didn't realize that it was after midnight in the US.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.