Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: CSI: Ankh-Morpork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So it appears that Prime Focus productions, responisble for previous Discworld mini-series have gotten permission to create a crime of the week television series based around the City Watch of Discworld fame. This could be the greatest television show ever.
Link below, cause Yuku is not cooperating:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/03/14/ ... tv-series/
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 

dark seraph

*lets out a fangirl squeel and passes out*

I do hereby nominate this for consideration in the category of "The best thing ever."

Also, if you missed it, Terry Jones of Monty Python is involved with this. Big Grin
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

HoagieOfDoom

/WANT

I second that nomination, Jorlem.

Stephen Mann

I'm cautiously optimistic on this: Discworld's signature stream of puns, logical absurdities, weird characters everywhere you look, and too many running jokes to count will be hard to maintain and mix consistently with a serious police procedural.
You're expecting it to be serious? Both Terry Pratchett and Terry Jones are involved in this. Humorous? Yes. Serious? I think not.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
I fully expect one of the episode to include all the usual serious police procedural stuff, leading up to and including a confrontation with a final suspect... only to have the whole thing rendered moot, because he was _really_ killed by a falling meatball from the spaghetti monster.
If done right, they could easily turn the City Watch novels into series/season premieres and finales. Or even entire seasons.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."