Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Submitted for feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, every once in a while something like this happens.  Project just sort of takes on a life of its own, and wont leave you alone till you complete it.
but in this case, at least, its left me wondering....  now what do I do with this?  Oh, what is it?  well, its a 3d model I've been working on (I use Blender 2.49)for the past few days cause it wouldnt leave me alone.  heres a render:
[Image: daflo.jpg]
Work was originally started as sort of a 'hard dive armor' to allow a diver to work for extended periods at depth without having to decompress for extended periods afterwards.  Of course, it could just as easily be used as a spacesuit or even sort of a fembot for who knows what else if desired.  WHich is why its here in General, cause its not really Fenspace nor DW related nor even CoX (though it could be used by any of those)
Oh, and it feels like it needs...  well, more something, but I don't know what.  So I thought I'd ask around.  Whats the worst that could happen... that none of you have any feedback to give me; given thats where I am right now ANYWAY whats there to loose?
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
first thought -

"huh, it's River Song"

"HOLY CARP LOOKIT THEM YABBOS"
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
Ditto, minus the bit about River Song.

Second thought - she needs an insignia of some sort on her shoulder. Specify the insignia, and you're at least halfway to saying what she does...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Wiredgeek Wrote:"HOLY CARP LOOKIT THEM YABBOS"
Err...  yes, they do rather draw attention, dont they?  They're sorta almost leftover from an earlier project, but also not.  Shortest form?  I sculpted this over top of an older model (kept her face though) to provide the base shape rather than starting completely from scratch.
Edit to add:
Ah,  also cause if you look at this Prolly NSFW render I recall another reason I needed her, to place inside this WIP model of a minisub concept floating around in my head which is effectively a new(er) version of something I'd originally done in Doga, then simplified for use in Ultimate Ride  coaster creation program... its also effectively what got me into User Created content for games in general and 3d modeling in various programs in specific (before eventually settling on blender)
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
It is looking good so far.
I love the smooth lines but it needs some texture/colour to break it up; as depending on the light source a lot of it will wash out and become indistinct.
As a work in process it is awesome.  Keep up posted as you move forward with this.
Cheers,
Shayne
Almost looks like Dr. Bunnigus from Schlock Mercenary.