Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Ani*Mayhem returns... sort of.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, not really at all, except in the sense that there's a new CCG out there that is based off of multiple different anime universes.
In this case, of course, it's series that are popular with fandom now, such as Evangelion, Fate/Stay-Night, Macross Frontier, Clannad, Disgaea, Da Capo, Fairy Tail, Lucky Star, To Aru Majutsu No Index, Shakugan no Shana, Familiar of Zero, Nanoha, and many more.
It's called "Weiss Schwartz", and it's a Japanese CCG that's being imported into the US by Hammergirl Anime (my Friendly Local Anime Shoppe).
http://www.heartofthecards.com/ws/ is the US homepage. It has links to the rules, card translations, and the Japanese publishers' homepage.
The cards are presented in the original Japanese, untranslated, as there is not yet enough demand to print much translated (there is an English printing of the Disgaea starter, so far, but that appears to be it until demand improves).
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Ah, and here I thought I had a reason to update my Ani*Mayhem webpage... Oh, well.

Not translating the cards might not be a good idea. I doubt very many gamers (excepting us oddball tabletop RPGers) will want to refer to cheat-sheets during play.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
So far they're doing the translations as download-and-print sleeve inserts. The webpage includes the Japanese and, where available so far, English text of each card, as well, so if you want to do your own translations of a deck that hasn't been translated yet, or just double-check theirs...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.