Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: [Usenet] rec.arts.anime.info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some folks here might remember Usenet... Specifically, some folks here might remember the Usenet anime-announcement group rec.arts.anime.info, and how it went dormant some months before the group's moderator, Steve Pearl, passed away in 2007.

As of today, rec.arts.anime.info has a new moderation team (of two, one of whom is, well, me) and is back in operation.

So I have a favour to ask: If you're still using Usenet and you have any sort of anime-related announcement to make (anime convention announcements, anime FAQs, anime reviews, anime news, and so on), please post that announcement to rec.arts.anime.info as well as wherever you're already posting it. The group needs the content... but it doesn't need any noise.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
While I haven't had Usenet access since I stopped using Outlook a few years back, If you're looking for anime news, there is this:
www.uk-anime.net/newsitem.asp?intID=1838
I'm not sure if that applies to the US release of the Haruhi movie or just the UK release, but the US release was supposed to happen in spring of this year, and there is still no release date available.
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV
(crossposting the group's "welcome" message for visibility, and because it's the middle of convention season but we haven't received any convention announcement posts yet... hope nobody minds the group-promotion)

Welcome to rec.arts.anime.info, the moderated newsgroup for announcements about Japanese animation.

Maintainer: Rob Kelk

Last Modified: July 20, 2011

The latest version of this document can be found at:

news://rec.arts.anime.info

Any inquiries, comments or suggestions should be sent to the newsgroup moderators, by posting to the newsgroup or alternatively to rec.arts.anime.misc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contents

- Introduction

- Charter

- Moderation Team

INTRODUCTION

rec.arts.anime.info was created in 1993 as a moderated newsgroup, thus, your postings to it will not show up immediately - they will be reviewed by a member of the moderation team and will be posted if they meet the rules in the charter (see below).

If you want your posting to show up immediately, or if you do not want a moderator to have to approve your posting, please post to the unmoderated newsgroup rec.arts.anime.misc instead of to this newsgroup.

CHARTER

From the newgroup creation message as stored at ftp://ftp.isc.org/usenet/control/rec/re ... me.info.gz, with some additions to reflect current trends.

The following kinds of postings will be allowed:

- Anime FAQs

- Anime Lists (voice actor list, CD list, subbed/dubbed anime list, etc...)

- Informational postings about anime ("How to take care of your cels", etc...)

- Summary reviews of anime magazines like Animedia, Animage, NewType, Advance Comics, Megami, etc.

- Anime Reviews - Industry, con, and club announcements

- Any significant anime-related news

- Summary reviews of anime-related websites, anime-related blogs, anime-related wikis, and other anime-related internet resources.

Any follow-ups to postings in rec.arts.anime.info will be sent to rec.arts.anime.misc.

----------------------------------------------

MODERATION TEAM

The current moderators of rec.arts.anime.info are Rob Kelk and Gerardo Campos. They can be contacted by posting to the newsgroup.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012