Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Ordering goodies from Japan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Breaking off from the Globalization thread...
I'm considering ordering some Weiss Schwarz singles from one or another Japanese shop (probably orenoturn), but of course there are difficulties. Not just the language, but the post system and the payment methods expected are... a bit different. I was wondering if anyone here might be interested in a joint order of some sort, with the support of an intermediary acting on our behalf there in Japan... BlackAeronaut, lookin' at you, and hopin'... Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Think BA served his time and is back in the states... could be wrong though.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children
Sorry, but Ranger's right. I'm back stateside until I complete my scholarly pursuits in Aerospace Engineering and Japanese Language. Hoping to fulfill some sort of liaison position between NASA and JAXA. Fortunately, NASA headhunts right out of the place I plan on going to at UT-Austin.
Well, that scuppers that plan. Hope you enjoy NASA!
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
I've had no problems whatsoever with ordering from http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/request/shopping.html]CDJapan - they understand English, and take VISA and PayPal.

(Edit: changed the link from their front page to their "buy from other Japanese site and ship to you" page)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Well he's gotta get noticed & finish the course load first, then again NASA does like ex-USN guys.

As for Weiss Schwarz I though that all the cards you could need come in one pack.......okay perhaps not, it's along the lines of M:TG and ST/ST:TGC. Local prices I've seen are AUD$29 for the themed 50 card starter packs & AUD$112 for boxes of the booster packs.
RobKelk: I'll look into that, thanks.

Rod: No, it's a CCG. OTOH, the starters are much more playable than the average MTG starters. Somebody went to the national championships in Japan and placed in the top 5, running an unmodified starter.

Here in the US, starters run about $20, boosters are $4.50 each or about $85-90 for a box of 20, and singles are, well, pretty much totally unavailable.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Rod H Wrote:Well he's gotta get noticed & finish the course load first, then again NASA does like ex-USN guys.
I'm hoping that my natural aptitude for all things mechanical serves me well.  It certainly put me ahead of the game at my 5" Gun school.

CrimsonKMR

Not sure if it helps, but http://www.heartofthecards.com/ws/ is the official US distributor for WS...
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed
CrimsonKMR Wrote:Not sure if it helps, but http://www.heartofthecards.com/ws/ is the official US distributor for WS...
Oh yeah!  I've heard of this place via Danny Choo.  They got English translations that you can print out and slip into the card sleeves.
Yep, I'm very familiar with them - the site is run out of Hammergirl Anime, which is ten minutes away from my new house. I've played against the guy who does their translations.

Their stock is sadly limited by what they can import, however, and they simply can't afford to do singles at all.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Wonder what it takes to import stuff like that.
Either a boat or a plane, I would expect...

What? Oh.

At minimum, a contract with an exporter over there, plus whatever import permits your own country requires, plus a customs account (unless you want to pay a customs broker big money to do the customs paperwork for you).
--
Rob Kelk

Ah. So it would only be profitable to do things in mass bulk - like by the cargo container.
Pretty much, yes.

(That's one reason why nobody imports single cards - there's no profit in it.)
--
Rob Kelk