Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: An Improbably Entertaining Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I speak of Improbable Island, a browser-based game like Kingdom of Loathing (though almost entirely prose-based). It's based on Legend of the Green Dragon, if that means anything to any of you. It has a deeply mysterious but obviously painstakingly-developed backstory and outer setting, numerous references (one creature is a Midget Plumber who rants at you about a frequently-abducted princess who baked him a cake!), internal running jokes (lions are sneaky bastards), and nonsequitur hilarity ("You have encountered Haiku Time which lunges at you with five and seven syllables!")
Part of the backstory and much of the game's plot revolve around a device called the Improbability Drive, which permits things and events which are normally outright impossible to exist and occur (as well as screwing with probability in a more mundane fashion). Capital 'I' Improbability is kinda like Handwavium, with three important differences: one, it can't exist outside the Drive's sphere of influence; two, it's more like radiation than a substance; and three (which makes two very important), it lacks the Genre Directive. Improbability can and will create weapons, debilitating biomods, and other assorted nastinesses. The only reason the game isn't a dystopia is that Improbability can help as easily as hinder, can heal as much as harm.
Follow this link if you want to sign up with me as your referrer (I don't think having a referrer grants the newbie any advantages, but I get one free supporter point (which normally cost $1 USD per hundred and can be used to purchase one-shot items and non-stat-altering customization frobs) every time somebody I refer gets a New Day). Follow this link if you want to check the game out, but don't want me to get anything out of it.
EDIT: Oh! Send me a Distraction (in-game mail) and I'll give you a couple hundred Requisition to start out, and teach you Timed Combat, which is a useful (though often annoying) tool to have.