Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Need music suggestions for In Nomine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not for me - for another GM.

The setup: GURPS In Nomine, Mercurian with Weirdness Magnet. The GM wants to have Lucifer (and a few of his Princes) drop by uninvited for a poker night. What's the appropriate music?

Ideas so far:
Any more?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
The song that served as the soundtrack for the video of the RC Blackbird model in the General/General videos thread -- "Angels" by Within Temptation -- might be worth considering.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
The Angelzoom cover of Linkin Park's "Crawling in My Skin" has a beautiful sound that becomes positively creepy when contrasted with the lyrics. Actually, given the subject? Anything by Angelzoom fits with In Nomine. A fair amount of Epica, and if you can find it, Coven 13 should also be good. Also, I love the name of Coven13's label: Akashic Records.

Oh, and the Xenosaga soundtracks! The Testament theme and the Jin/Margulus fight theme from Xenosaga II are particularly good, thouhgh the latter is a little energetic for a friendly game of cards.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Tenacious D -- Pick of Destiny

Various Country Artists -- Ghost Riders in the Sky, Skyball Paint
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Devil in Disguise; Elvis.

HoagieOfDoom

"The Devil is an Englishman", originally by Thomas Dolby and covered by Steve Hackett. They're each a bit different in overall tone.
"The Doctrine of Eternal Ice (Part Two)" by Phideaux
Since it's a poker game, The Gambler by Kenny Rogers.