Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Mahou Sensei Negima: The Next Semester
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Chapter 341: I'm Getting Married?!
Mana, that sounds familiar, somehow...
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Chapter 142 is up now.
Evangeline versus Negi!
FIGHT!!!!

(Also, another F/SN reference)
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Once again, I am reminded of how much I like Setsuna, and dislike Godel...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Jorlem Wrote:Chapter 142 is up now.
Evangeline versus Negi!
FIGHT!!!!

(Also, another F/SN reference)
*snicker*
*giggle*
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
robkelk Wrote:Once again, I am reminded of how much I like Setsuna, and dislike Godel...
I think the entire point behind Godel is that while he has enormous raw talent his actual understanding of things is crippled.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Godel -wants- to be a Magnificent Bastard. He doesn't quite get it. Smile
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
ECSNorway Wrote:Godel -wants- to be a Magnificent Bastard. He doesn't quite get it. Smile
I think he's got half of it... but not the first half.
--
Rob Kelk

SCM Writer of 2814

New chapter is up! Negi ends up in a threesome position!

DAT ASS!
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke
New chapter is up.
--
Rob Kelk

So that's the price..Asuna plays the role of Rip Van Winkle..or would Sleeping Beauty be a more apt?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Not exactly, as it was stated that there's a good chance that she'll suffer personality death as a result of this, and likely revert to being Princess Asuna.
-----
Of course, I like how serious everyone is about this, because having kept up with this series, I find it very hard to believe that Akamatsu would be willing to pull the trigger on that sort of thing. He's killed off all of two characters over the course of the series that weren't antagonists. I'd almost have believed him, except Rakan didn't even stay dead *before* the great rewrite brought everyone erased back.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

paladindythe

Jorlem Wrote:Not exactly, as it was stated that there's a good chance that she'll suffer personality death as a result of this, and likely revert to being Princess Asuna.
I seems to remember this being thought the case when Asuna got her memories...
paladindythe Wrote:
Jorlem Wrote:Not exactly, as it was stated that there's a good chance that she'll suffer personality death as a result of this, and likely revert to being Princess Asuna.
Asuna does seem to be very at risk for MPD.
"Oh no, Asuna just stubbed her toe!  Is she still herself anymore?!"
-----
Jorlem Wrote:
paladindythe Wrote:
Asuna does seem to be very at risk for MPD.
"Oh no, Asuna just stubbed her toe!  Is she still herself anymore?!"
"Good-bye, Kagurazaka,
Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day..."

But not the next line - she always comes back.
--
Rob Kelk

Chapter 344 is out, and Negi has officially been declared an enemy of womankind.
-----
Jorlem Wrote:Chapter 344 is out, and Negi has officially been declared an enemy of womankind.
Prediction: The other half want in.
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:
Jorlem Wrote:Chapter 344 is out, and Negi has officially been declared an enemy of womankind.
Prediction: The other half want in.
They may already be in.....the karaoke trio and  Asakura Kazami just don't know about it. Note that Asakura did not mention Chiziru Namba's pactio. So if she missed one, how many more did she missed? Would Eva also want in? Hmmmm...
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
New chapter is out.
To be completely honest, for all that happened in this chapter, it felt like nothing did.  I'm honestly having trouble caring all that much about any sort of attempted romantic tension, as I can't help but feel that the girls are all suffering from a delusion that he is actually interested in them like that.  For me, its gotten well past the point of being amusing, and I'm just wishing that they would catch a clue.
-----
To be fair, it isn't the girls who might actually have had a chance to win Negi's heart who are still throwing themselves at him. They're in love with love, not in love with Negi - and that's something that's difficult to shake.
--
Rob Kelk

Yeah, I can see that. It's just, when it takes up this many chapters, it gets old kinda fast. I wouldn't mind so much if the focus stayed more on the core characters, who got development time during the whole magic world arc. For most of the class that didn't show up that arc, I can't even remember their names without referring to a wiki. For most of those characters, I can't even remember what their distinguishing traits/skills are. One of the risks in a story with an overly large cast, I suppose.

It ends up being a bunch of characters who I have no emotional investment in, lusting after a ten-twelve year old boy that they have no chance with, which they've been doing since the very first chapters, which has been a year in world. I'm just waiting for the manga to get back to the plot, or at least to the characters that he's spent time developing beyond one note wonders.

Something similar happened when I read through Homestuck. I ended up skimming through the entire arc devoted to the Trolls, as I couldn't bring myself to care about them (and their dialogue was literally painful to read). Then
-----
Next chapter is up, but its from a different scanalation group, with somewhat lower quality. 
Could someone ID the girl in the third panel of the first page?
Also, if there exist bullets that can apparently completely seal a mage's magic, even temporarily, where were they during the whole battle to save the magical world?  Even if they're hard to come by, you'd think that would be the time to break out the anti-magic bullets, not during a school festival.
-----
Jorlem Wrote:Also, if there exist bullets that can apparently completely seal a mage's magic, even temporarily, where were they during the whole battle to save the magical world?  Even if they're hard to come by, you'd think that would be the time to break out the anti-magic bullets, not during a school festival.
You're assuming that she packed some for her trip.
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:
Jorlem Wrote:Also, if there exist bullets that can apparently completely seal a mage's magic, even temporarily, where were they during the whole battle to save the magical world?  Even if they're hard to come by, you'd think that would be the time to break out the anti-magic bullets, not during a school festival.

You're assuming that she packed some for her trip.
If I recall correctly, she didn't get her pactio until she was in the Magic World, which you'd think would be the place with the better supply of magically active munitions.  Also, it was implied that she got them from whoever that is in the third panel there, so that might be a clue. 
-----
...That's Yuuna, drawn kind of chibi.

I still want to know if her father knows she's wearing that bustier.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Pages: 1 2 3 4