Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Here I am at Eirtakon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...with all the Pocky I can eat.

So, Eirtakon, Irelands oldest and largest anime convention is entering it's sixth year with a bang. And I'm sitting here an hour after doors-open already flat broke, with a bag full of Gunpla and a moto-slave kit that's real special, 4 whole series of anime and I'm waiting for Otaku no Video to begin.

It's looking like it's going to be another epic year here.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
This one Which I'm rather pleased about acquiring since BGC merch' is like hens teeth on this side of the pond. Also, Real Grade gunpla ftw.

And Dirty Pair DvD's. Woo.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
BGC stuff is hard to get these days. Especially in dead zones like Ireland where Animé just doesn't exist. There was little or no anime subculture her until a few years ago. Eirtakon basically was the spark that triggered it and made it all come out of the woodwork, and even then most traders come over from England.

I got into the fandom a bit too late (When I finally read Bubblegum Zone a few years back)....
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
I suppose. It still feels like I joined a party right as the guests are leaving.
Having been at the party since before most folks arrived, it's more like you showed up just as the party-crashers were leaving...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Oh. That was either In Dublin, or Totally Dublin. That photograph was taken at Nom-con at the start of August. I know because I was there and met her. Although, right after I made that post, the con showed Tinsel City and Born to Kill, in one of the showing rooms.... which had quite a few people in it. (so they did listen to my suggestion).

Anyway. It's done now.

Tiring. Sleepifying. Scratch a few hundred together, and it's all gone on gunpla and dvds.
Well on the BGC fan side of things I'm annoyed at the fact that I just missed getting all the CD soundtracks new -both series- cos CD Japan deleted their listings of them when they became massively OOP. Pretty much by the time I knew they existed they were gone. So I picked up other stuff instead. Can't go too much wrong with anything done by Yoko Kanno and her expy/apprentice Gabriella Robin.

As for the Motoslave kit.....I saw 'em available at Hobby Link Japan and got other stuff (Tachikoma, Ingrams, VF-1S, VF-25, VF-27) instead. I should really get around to my plan of doing some Valkyries up in the colours/markings of major air force demonstration teams someday.