Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: It Just Occurred To Me...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...on my drive into work this morning, that yesterday, 23 June 2008, was the tenth anniversary of my first piece of fanfiction being posted to the Net.

In just a couple more months, it'll be ten years since the first part of Drunkard's Walk as well.

Whew.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
.. I may well have read that first piece. What was it?

This month marks my 10-year anniversary in the realm of fanfiction as well. Yikes.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
We Belong, a Ranma song-fic I posted to the FFML moments before Peggy and I went to see Mulan as part of our anniversary night out.

-- Bob
---------

Stephen Mann

I began reading fanfiction (Ranma, of course) somewhere around 1996. I remember reading for a couple of months before becoming frustrated at not being able to
read all the great Ranma fics fast enough, so I downloaded the rec.arts.creative.* gzipped archives so that I wouldn't have to keep hitting different web
pages for my fix. I can't even begin to imagine doing something like that nowadays.
Holy crap, I remember that piece!

I remember thinking, "Oh hey, cool, someone else who likes Pat Benatar!" *grin*

For a first piece, you certainly coulda done worse, and I don't think many have done better their first step out of the gates. I remember the first thing
I posted. Blech.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs
Thanks!
-- Bob
---------