Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I'm not convinced this is 100% real, but . . . .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cant find anything in the article proper that I can point to and say "This... this proves its a fake". Nor is the concept of a 31 year old male finally learning how to cook (regardless of species!) that outrageous to me.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Kurisu

I call Fake on this as well.... He keeps looking to her for visual and verbal cues.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...
It's certainly not impossible for Chimpanzees to learn to cook. This American Life (#401) had the story of a chimp raised by a pair of researchers, and it would brew tea as nonchalantly as the 'parents'. The catch was, it was young and learning, and they found themselves woefully unequipped to deal with a adolescent (and very strong) chimp as the years came.

I don't doubt the bonobo in question learned to perform the proper actions in the correct sequence. The debatable part is if it knows it's cooking, and will be able to adapt and modify the skill for new situations.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI