Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Dodged a bullet. Again.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I both love and fear this time of year. And today was the fear.
Had a rash of tornadoes go through the area here in D/FW. One caused quite a bit of destruction not more than 4 miles from where I live. There were something like 4 tornadoes in the area total this day. And it's not over quite yet.
I can't help but think I was tempting fate too much with my post in the April Fools thread over here.
Video of one of the other tornadoes in the area. This is not the one that came down near me. But I used to work at a location right next to that truck/trailer yard. The second video however, is of the one that came down near where I live.
Whew! Well, Logan, at least you're okay. That's all that really matters.

Saw the news report down here in San Antonio while we my brothers and I were mowing our grandmother's back yard. The clip with the trailers going airborne was on the news then. Surprisingly few injuries, and no known fatalities when the news went up.

I'll chalk that up to modern meteorology. Because of it people knew the storm was coming in advance and knew to keep an eye for severe weather alerts from NOAA.
Yeah. That was entertaining. Spent part of the afternoon in my storage closet under the stairs, listening to the Weather Channel and clicking refresh on the Weather.com. The landscape channels weather at my part of Dallas, due to the proximity of broad, flat, low places that generally come about when you build multiple freeways that cross each other.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
"Did you see the new Avengers Trailer?"
"Yes, it just flew by the window."