Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Peggy and I have a bet tonight...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...over how many people will post some expression of envy as a response to this:
Tonight, Peggy and I saw, essentially, MST3K live, on-stage, at McCarter Theatre in Princeton.  Joel, Trace, Frank, Mary Jo Pehl (and a substitute for J. Elvis Weinstein, who couldn't be there that night) went to town on a film called The Astral Factor.  For those who don't know, they comprise Cinematic Titanic, basically MST3K's offpsring, and they both release stuff on DVD and tour live.  They made it clear they would be back next year, and we had such a great time that we will be, too.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
That's cool. I'm afraid I largely missed the MST3K phenomenon, only having caught two or three episodes of it when it was on SciFi Channel with the Brain Guys as the "Mads." Despite this, it penetrated internet culture enough that I have fairly clear voices for the main characters.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Oh, I can't help but admit my envy, congrats!
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies
I am green with envy.
I am not jealous of you. Not at all. No sir. Nope. Nuh-uh... GRRR. Tongue
No talking during the movie!

[size=smaller](Yes, that is one of the newer Simpsons episodes that I've seen...)[/size]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Oh wow.  That sounds every bit as much fun as the time I got to see a midnight showing of Monty Python and the Holy Grail in this place... and it was packed to the gills with college students.  we knew it was going to be epic when, before the lights went down, J. Random Nutter stood up in the middle of the crowd and began to belt out I'm A Lumber Jack and I'm Okay... He had half the audience singing along with him by the time he was on the last verse.  Smile
Whether or not I'm envious I'll leave to you and Peggy to decide.  *Evil Grin*
MST3k was never shown on any of the channels we get here Sad

The film-length verion with This Island Earth was, however. So indeed I am jealous.