Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: CarmaJunior: Which way?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I fell (or possibly dove headfirst) back into the Carmgeddon II carmod community, and am now working on a giant carnivorous plantmobile. Only trouble is, I can't decide which way to have it set up:

pot tipped back, jaw/bulb high
[Image: plantam.jpg]

pot tipped forward, jaw/bulb leading
[Image: plantb.jpg]

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
I know nothing about Carmageddon. Will the orientation of the plant alter your offensive or defensive abilities in any way, or is it simply a way of making your (presumably) apocalypse heralding automobile look unique?
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.
Pretty much just for looks, though the different shape will have a different bounding box and hence different clearance and characteristics when rolling or flipping. Leaning forward seems to be winning by a landslide here and elseforum, so I'll do that one first and make the more laid-back version later if I still feel like it.

As for what Carmageddon in general is like... well, I posted a video in that thread a couple days ago. It's the one with the gore warning on it.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
The jaw will chomp when you hit the "open/close doors" key though - maybe a pair of tendrils on the side that open like suicide doors too. Nailing the peds with a flapping door is double score after all. Hey, how'd ya like a new in-editor shot?

[Image: carnivorjrwip.jpg]

Now if I could just remember how to do a custom bounding box, I'd be golden.

- dNN
--
Carmaggedon.

It used to be on my school's PC's. It was all we really did during 'computer' classes that were really just MSWord classes telling us stuff we knew already. We had a good education.

[Image: carnivorjringame.jpg]

- CD

Edit: Also, OM NOM NOM NOM!

[Image: omnomnomf.jpg]
--
I finished the car, if anyone wants a copy feel free to email me, username at yahoo.com - or wait a little while and CoffeeCup will have it hosted at his Mac Carpocalypse website (which is not mac-only, just the only place with all the mac-specific stuff collected.)

- CD
--