Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: My campaing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

CattyNebulart

[Image: encounters.jpg]

One of my players made this image for the memorable encounters in the campaign I'm running. To be fair they started at 2'nd level and one of them just hit 4'th. Now I'm worried that they will be disappointed in the next encounter.

oh and this is the party;
[Image: party2.png]

It include the Cheshire Cat, a Djin Ninja Bard, a Wyld Hunt, a Tarrasque, and a Xixecal Cirno.

Sigh, it sounds like the kind of campaign I always want to play in. So why am I always stuck running them?
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Same reason I'm always the one running the wild stuff? No one else can do it justice?

Actually, I've just started up in a new campaign as a player for the first time in a long, long time -- D&D3.5 in the Forgotten Realms, starting out with 7th level characters. I'm playing a bard who doesn't know he's a bard -- he thinks he's a field historian with a few spells and a couple survival-oriented skills that ensure he gets back to the University of Waterdeep to write his papers. He doesn't play an instrument -- his perform skill is in Sing. And I stole a character trait from Kaitlyn Hutchins: he stammers unless he's singing or casting.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
...I am obviously finding the wrong sort of people.
Every time I've been in a D&D game, it's either entirely combat-focused, essentially roleplaying-free, or worse.  Game before last had me (a skill-monkey) unable to actually do anything out of combat- whenever I'd try to bluff the party out of trouble, the undead alcoholic dwarf and his Mexican dragonborn friend would always mess it up.
I seem to remember trying to sneak out ahead of the party, only to find them following.  In full plate.
You two have all of my envy right now.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
The greatest Heavy Gear campaign in history started as This and ended as This

No really.... the PC's had started out as the dregs of a unit, with many released back into the Southern MILICIA after being demoted or serving time.... and over the years of the campaign grew through experience points into a crack commando team of the SIU. Then they were framed for a crime they didn't commit and forced to go on the run. (When the GM moved to Seattle)

The Ars Magica campaign that replaced it just doesn't have the same zing..... but allows for humour that is highly politically incorrect.

CattyNebulart

Bluemage Wrote:...I am obviously finding the wrong sort of people.
SNIP
had me (a skill-monkey) unable to actually do anything out of combat-

Well if it was a standard DnD game that stands to reason skill monkeys are unneeded by third level and obsolete by 5'th or 6'th, unless the DM expends a lot of effort into making it work.

I find campaigns work best if I encourage/mandate high power and at the same time am willing to work the GM whip to corral the power level into something reasonable.

For those who want a closer look at the campaing; http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=141811

Just don't post in the game-forum if you are not part of the game. I dislike banning people, but I will if needed.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
Ahhh, I recall Ars Magica.

I think the high point of that campaign was my half-fae Merenita magess sitting idly by and casually chatting with the Winter Court general as his army was besieging a rival Covenant... the sight of someone they'd expected to come to their defense calmly settling down with a glass of wine to watch was a bit demoralizing for them.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.