Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: My God, this is possibly one of the coolest toys I have ever seen...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You guys remember the toy rockets that you would fill with tap water and them pressurize, so that they would launch into the air?
Japan has a toy RPG like that.
I want one of these SO BADLY.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."
Oh dear gods I want.

(And I am so amused by Google Translate:
Quote:has been designed referring to the rocket / missile launcher that reality,
there is no high degree of reproducibility. Please enjoy as a "toy-like feel."
Kit because it is, If you are confident to work, please also try to make minor dent.
Get me one of those and I'll dent anything you want me to. )
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
You know you're still a child when your first thought involves painting bottles to look like real RPG's, shaving foam and unpopular government ministers.
It might be worth forwarding this link to the fine people at Make magazine; this looks to be right up their alley.
** Sorry - just did a little more research - yes they are selling it as a kit; though it would be fairly easy to make one - the only parts that would take a little effort are the cone for the rocket (fairly simple with the right tools) and the valve/release combo.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Get me one of those and I'll dent anything you want me to. )
Okay, here's your first target.

(And in English.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Okay, I see now that this is becoming the Thread of Cool.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
All my love for Heavy Gear is invested in Kuratas and my hope that it becomes more than just an awesome curiosity.

(And I just realized that I made - entirely accidentally - the EXACT same tone of reverence as that of the little plastic aliens worshiping "the claaaaaaaaw" in Toy Story. Tongue
The Kuratus apparently believes you can't spell Slaughter without laughter. The command for weapons-free is to smile. "Be careful not to cause a shooting spree by laughing too much."

I approve.
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI