Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Disney Buys Lucasfilm, SW Ep.7 targeted for 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.thestreet.com/...quire-lucasfilm-ltd.html
So, this is a thing.
Edit:
Grab some popcorn, we can watch the internet explode.  It'll be a blast.  Tongue
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

dark seraph

. . .

I... I

fuck it, it's not like they can butt fuck the franchise worse than Lucas did. XD

*Facepalm*

I was about to explode in anger... but fuck it. DS is right.
And, as it has been pointed out elsewhere, Disney's done a pretty good job with the Marvel movie universe, which is why I'm going 'wait and see' before I start panicking.

Here's the news, straight from the mouse's mouth:

http://thewaltdisneycompa...ey-acquire-lucasfilm-ltd

Also, I've heard that the 501st Legion is in something of a panic over this, given how protective Disney is of its properties.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

dark seraph

This will make the next Kingdom Hearts game interesting XD

dark seraph Wrote:This will make the next Kingdom Hearts game interesting XD
I know!  SW fits so well in the KH cosmology, and Xehanort is basically a Sith already, red lightsabers and all.
Disney also acquired Lucasarts in this deal, which means that they've got Monkey Island too, so that could be fun.  A point and click type world in a KH game?  Sign me up!
-----
It could be very bad (Ie; Johnny Depp and Gore Verbinski team up for a Star Wars Movie)
Or it could be very, very good (Ie; Written and Directed by Brad Bird - who did the Iron Giant and the Incredibles - and who knows how to deal with the Hero's Journey and Mythology.)

Kurisu

Full Throttle... The Dig.... Day of the Tentacle.... Max & Sam.... Grim Fandango.... Loom.... Some interesting potential movies there. Especially The Dig.
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...
What I'm hoping for is a lot of motion capture combined with the sort of photo-realistic 3D we saw in Dinosaur. Top it all off with the original actors coming back for voice acting roles (tell me Mark Hamil, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford wouldn't jump at that).
Kurisu Wrote:Full Throttle... The Dig.... Day of the Tentacle.... Max & Sam.... Grim Fandango.... Loom.... Some interesting potential movies there. Especially The Dig.
If adventure has a game, it must be... Kingdom Hearts. No, wait - Indiana Jones.

Oh, and as the article in the Ottawa Sun pointed out, Leia is now a Disney Princess.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
robkelk Wrote:
Kurisu Wrote:Full Throttle... The Dig.... Day of the Tentacle.... Max & Sam.... Grim Fandango.... Loom.... Some interesting potential movies there. Especially The Dig.

If adventure has a game, it must be... Kingdom Hearts. No, wait - Indiana Jones.

Oh, and as the article in the Ottawa Sun pointed out, Leia is now a Disney Princess.
Does Mulan count as a Disney Princess? I was discussing the with some friends, as she is the only other Disney Heroine whose body count is competitive with Leia's.
-----

dark seraph

[Image: 20121031_2936.jpg]

I'd be willing to bet that at least a few people in Disney's PR department are rather shocked at how well people seem to be taking this, on the whole.
-----
Are you kidding? Disney is far more likely to RELEASE ORIGINAL CUTS of the original movies.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
Jorlem Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:
Does Mulan count as a Disney Princess? I was discussing the with some friends, as she is the only other Disney Heroine whose body count is competitive with Leia's.

Don't know - she didn't make it into fanart...

[size=smaller](spotted via a post by Rocket Man on the SJGames forums)[/size]
--
Rob Kelk

Mulan isn't perhaps a technical princess, but she follows the role. She did, by the way, get in on this fanart
---

The Master said: "It is all in vain! I have never yet seen a man who can perceive his own faults and bring the charge home against himself."

>Analects: Book V, Chaper XXVI
Linked without comment (except to point out whose page it is - it's somehow appropriate this becomes widespread at the hand of a Star Trek actor).
--
Rob Kelk

(applies AED to thread)

Speaking of Star Trek... The director for Episode VII has been named.

So, continuation or reboot?
--
Rob Kelk

Given it says episode 7, I'm thinking continuation, but wondering if they might decide to do a generation later thing. I kinda doubt that they'll be able to pick up immediately where 6 left off, and Luke in an Obi Wan type role would be cool.
-----

Kurisu

Kevin J. Anderson's books would be a nice consideration....
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...
Jar Jar Abrams?
Oy Vey... Bring your sunglasses.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
It's going to be ...

A force to be reckoned with.

YYYYYYYEEEEEAH!
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll
I wonder if this means a Trek-Star Wars crossover film is inevitable.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Kurisu Wrote:Kevin J. Anderson's books would be a nice consideration....
... I cannot tell if you are being sarcastic, or simply assessing the likely tendencies of Hollywood Idiocy....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Jorlem Wrote:Given it says episode 7, I'm thinking continuation, but wondering if they might decide to do a generation later thing.
If Lucas hadn't started with Episode 4, I'd agree with you...

DRAG0NFLIGHT Wrote:Jar Jar Abrams?
Oy Vey... Bring your sunglasses.
Why? Is there going to be a blinky-thing?
--
Rob Kelk

Pages: 1 2