Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: 121212 Concert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, who else watched?  And how long did you last?
I made it as far as halfway through Paul McCartney before I fell over from exhaustion (lots of running about doing necessary tasks last night with the concert as BGM).
A few thoughts:
Who else thinks watching Roger Daltrey last night was like watching the Jon Pertwee Doctor singing rock'n'roll?
When did Billy Joel turn into Bruce Willis?  Was he wearing a toupe the last few years he was still touring, or did he lose all his hair suddenly sometime in the last few years?
Best line of the night came from Billy Crystal:  "You can feel the electricy everywhere, which means Long Island Power has nothing to do with it."  (Paraphrased, I can't remember the exact wording.  For those who don't know, the Long Island Power Authority, aka LIPA, not only has the most antiquidated power system on the East Coast, it acted like it had the Three Stooges in charge during the weeks after the storm. In fact, yesterday I heard on the news that it turned out they had no disaster plan at all.  None.)
Great speech by Jon Stewart.  Seaside Heights is my childhood shore town, too, so every word he said was echoed in my heart.  I know all the places he talked about going to.  I know all the feelings he spoke about.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Sure Daltry is looking like Dr. Who - and Pete Townshend is starting to look like Ben Kenobi (The Alec Guiness version natch).  Which is far too much rock and roll nerdcore for any stage to contain.