Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: RIP Gerry Anderson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... -dies.html
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I feel like I should gather up my Thunderbird 1, Thunderbird 2, Captain Scarlet DVD set, and build a shrine with one candle in it.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor
Quote:...the film producer who brought Thunderbirds to millions of homes in Britain...
It wasn't just British homes, though.  There's an explicit shout-out in the Oh My Goddess! manga (Chapter 175), when Keiichi solves a problem reminiscent of the premiere episode "Trapped in the Sky," and tells Belldandy he asked himself, "What would the Thunderbirds do?"

Ave atque vale, Gerry.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Well, he'll be remembered for the legacy he left us. Puppet animation, exploding water and structural steel (Andersonium, ftw!), and and Japanese girls with pastel hair colors.

The world would have been a much more boring place without him. Smile
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
I for one will remember him for Space 1999. In particular, the Eagle transporter - one of the most iconic - and realistic looking! - ships in all sci-fi.

[Image: SPACE_1999_EAGLE_BLENDER_3D_by_timzero4.jpg]