Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Entire Editorial Board of Library Journal Resigns over Aaron Schwartz' Death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/26/41497 ... ron-swartz]Citing a "crisis of conscience" over the journal's online licensing termsĀ  This leaves the Journal of Library Administration without any editorial staff whatsover and its next issue dead in the water because its owners are less than open to the idea of charging anything less than thousands of dollars for access to the journal.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Well color me shocked.

I wish it had come a little sooner.

I wonder if this will spur any sort of discussion on how utterly stupid this is all getting.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead
Quote:Berk wrote:
Well color me shocked.

I wish it had come a little sooner.

I wonder if this will spur any sort of discussion on how utterly stupid this is all getting.
I'm not sure there will be meaningful discussion about how stupid copyright and copyright enforcement has gotten (from the pressure of both sides - copyright maximalists and technology that makes copying information trivially easy) until they either realize that the old models are past obsolete into utterly antiquated... or they get the rest of their week's meals eaten by the upstart.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor