Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Two days late and half a bakery short
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking just now that with a bit more effort than I'm willing to put into it at this point, a possible April Fool's article would be the discovery of a "Godzilla particle" at one of the high-energy research labs, so called because unlike normal matter when it encounters an anti-Godzilla particle only the anti-Godzilla particle is destroyed. "You can't really create or destroy anything when you get to this level, only change its form," one researcher noted, "but with Godzilla particles, you can only hope to survive how it changes you."

Something like that, anyway.

Right now my mind is occupied with a (mecha) hand-held maser cannon gunpod for the wooly end of the Flashback 1942 tech tree - it has a folding dish to protect the operator, possibly two if I want to parody the sniper railgun from Macross F, but I'm trying to figure out how to make something that looks like a film scratch energy beam in 3d.

FOR SCIENCE!
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows