Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: watching grass grow...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...is less entertaining than watching the kbyte-meter for the last chapter tick over and trying to guess how much work is left... Smile-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
It's actually worse than you might think, Z... you may see that number go down every once in a while. The chapter has had a lot of material in it for a while -- both fully written scenes and notes. As I bridge existing passages, I take out the notes, some of which describe stuff which is either obsoleted or an alternative to the path I've decided to take. Today is a good example. I had a net gain in completed material, but because I also pulled out a block of notes, the actual size of the file didn't change.
However... yesterday I wrote a passage from which I can excerpt a teaser -- if it passes muster with my prereaders. So far only one has commented.

-- Bob
---------
And all the girlies say I'm pretty dry for a wet guy...
However... yesterday I wrote a passage from which I can excerpt a teaser -- if it passes muster with my prereaders.
w00t!!!! Smile
now, how does one bate their breath, exactly? do you use worms?
----
----
Quote:
However... yesterday I wrote a passage from which I can excerpt a teaser -- if it passes muster with my prereaders. So far only one has commented.
Now, now, Bob. It's impolite to offer them something that you've already said you weren't going to give them. Personally, I say let 'em suffer Smile
Offsides (who's already seen it as a pre-reader, and wants to keep it to himself for now Tongue)Drunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At LargeDrunkard's Walk Forum Moderator and Prereader At Large
Quote:
Now, now, Bob. It's impolite to offer them something that you've already said you weren't going to give them.
But when I said that, I didn't think there would be anything that wouldn't be a spoiler. Now, I think I can extract 6 or 8 paragraphs of the first of the two scenes I sent out last night and use that safely.

-- Bob
---------
And all the girlies say I'm pretty dry for a wet guy...