Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: Madoka Magica Movie 3 - Rebellion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got back from seeing the third Madoka movie. Avoiding spoilers (at least in Ottawa, there's another screening this weekend), I'll just say the movie's title was not pulled out of a hat.

While they've laid the groundwork for a fourth movie, this one does stand on its own if you're familiar with either the TV series or the first two movies.

Stay for the after-credits footage, and note that it's supposed to be choppy with periods of blackness.

(Oh, and at least it wasn't smoked cheese.)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
I'm kind of amused in that everything I've seen online portrays this as having a "villain protagonist".

When the ending is, arguably, even cheerier than Madoka's TV series ending.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."
OpMegs Wrote:I'm kind of amused in that everything I've seen online portrays this as having a "villain protagonist".
Well, some people just don't like her. I don't know why.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

CrimsonKMR

When you think about the motivation of one character, the whole thing makes a lot of sense
There is no coincidence, only necessity....
- Clow Reed
Gah! I wish I had known about this earlier. I missed all the showings near me.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.