Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I wonder if I've rescued Nisa-chan yet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: d0036d731183926c0e737447dbfab3f2916f0c5f.jpg]
Yes, that is an Sisters of Battle/Adepta Sororitas army with some unexpected interlopers ;| . And yes, I'm doing them dark green armour with red tabards(sp?), loincloths and tails. Hair, undecided. Weapons, probably broken down to a different colour per squad but, I am known for painting them red - on Ultramarines.
I'm not sure on the point level I've got, I think it's roughly at the 1000 points mark, there's a tournament this weekend I could go to, but it's 1350 points. Which I think dropping in a Firestorm Redoubt would get me closer too and help solve some AA and monstrous creature problems.
As for their Pipe Organ of Doom! It's been sooooo nerfed, I that I've found there's not much point taking any. If I could take a Whirlwind I'd be using it instead of the Exorcist. Or I could've been GM-rolled by being told it only can snap shot - which means only being able to hit anything on a 6.
Rod H Wrote:... Hair, undecided. ...
Different people have different hair colours - and colour-coding the minis would help you keep them straight during a battle, too.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012
Not bad on the painting..... Though the green is a bit hard to see. Works for camouflage on the battlefield but can be an annoyance on the tabletop. You might want to add some highlights along the edges to pick out some of the details using a lighter shade.

Also, I didn't expect those three in the front row, but then again nobody does.
As for painting, they're all still going through the basecoat blocking stage, after being primed (in the main colour, if it exists as a primer), a few need a re-going over as I started them before GW localy released the green paint as a spray.
So on those mini's the paint's currently a mix of makes: Tamiya primer, Vallejo Primer, GW Chaos black, GW normal paint, Vallejo paint and Reaper's stuff.

Green's not a big deal on the miniature tables I usually play on as they're normally grey or olive drab.
I got in a painting mood and resumed working on my Sisters.
[Image: e1316c1c980673d3b5d23f7db963c1a5422ed3d2.jpg]
No, I've not disposed of any - in fact I acquired some more - what's pictured is just the 750 point army I'm working on, which as presented is over the limit by 60 points (it's that darn TL-MM Immolator), take out the Pipe Organ of Doom! and I end up under by ~55 points.

I'm a bit so-so on the metallics I've used on the Pipe Organ of Doom!, I'm almost tempted to get some bare-metal foil and apply as needed. However I think it's a apply before assembly material considering how fiddly that lump of tubes is.