Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: And the next Marvel Cinematic Universe character in the pipe is...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
...Dr. Strange.  To be played by http://deadline.com/2014/10/benedict-cu ... st-862815/]#]Benedict Cumberbatch!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
In every article I've read, they've "started negotiations" with him; just like the rumors of Joaquin Phoenix, he has *not* been signed yet.
Indeed. I jumped the gun based on an overly optimistic report.
-- Bob
---------
What does it say, though, when an actor's true name is better for the character he is supposed to play than the character's actual name?
Heh.

I had a silly the idea, btw, when trying to explain Dr. Strange to Peggy the other night. Given how he's usually depicted, why not cast Robert Downey Jr.? I mean, visually, the main difference between Strange and Stark is what they wear...
-- Bob
---------
Okay, now it's official -- http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/04/showbiz/m ... hpt=hp_bn9]Cumberbatch is Dr. Strange.
-- Bob
---------
Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
Heh.

I had a silly the idea, btw, when trying to explain Dr. Strange to Peggy the other night. Given how he's usually depicted, why not cast Robert Downey Jr.? I mean, visually, the main difference between Strange and Stark is what they wear...
It would certainly be -interesting-.
The main issues with it would be...
a) Complications to filming any scene that they're both in (which, honestly, probably won't be too often)2) Audience confusioniii) Downey costs a -lot- of money, Cumberbatch doesn't command tens of millions per movie
?) Rumor has it that Downey's been getting a little tired. He might not want the additional workload.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
That was tongue-in-cheek, you know.
-- Bob
---------
A suggestion was made else-Web that there need to be a scene with Iron Man and Dr. Strange where someone pops off, "Well, no *s*it*, Sherlock," and the two of them share an uncomfortable look.
I think that scene works if it's not an *uncomfortable* look, but rather, that sort of neutral "Heh" expression for a quick second, before they move on. Just a quick tap at the 4th wall.
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.