Drunkard's Walk Forums

Full Version: I've been PUN-ished
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I feel I must share this, because it was so magnificently awful, and it caught me splendidly off guard.I stopped by a bookstore tonight, and as I paid for my purchases, I noticed the clerk had black markings on her cheekbones that I associate with baseball, etc.  She also wore a jersey, or at least a T-shirt, marked with the words, "Go Ceilings."  If I'd taken a moment to think about it, I like to think I'd have seen the pun coming.  But no; I simply asked, and she informed me that she was a "Ceiling fan."

I paid the appropriate tribute to such a ghastly pun, not only groaning aloud, but actually pounding my head -- gently -- a few times upon her counter.
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
last Halloween, one of the guys at work dressed up in a grey grey sweatshirt, grey sweatpants that didn't quite match the shirt, and a whole bunch of color swatch cards you get from paint stores showing different types of grey. Eventually I asked what his costume was.

His Answer: 50 Shades of Grey

Life gave me lemons, yet I lacked the sugar and water to make lemonade.

Obligatory... 
Or, as Meatloaf sang, Life is itself the lemon ... "and I want my money back!"
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.
Heh. You can hear him trying not to laugh at the end there. Kinda breaks the immersion. Smile
Also, I'm reminded of an almost identical like from Kim Possible.
Ron: When life gives you lemons...
Drakken: I complain about the lemons!!!
---
Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do.
[Image: tumblr_ndq1h1OA0u1u0z5g0o1_500.jpg]
-- ∇×V